Dr. Andrews joined our faculty in November of 2009. She is an Alumni of Hampton University School of Pharmacy, Class of 2004. Since graduation, Dr. Andrews has worked in several pharmacy settings to include hospital, retail, long term care and consulting. She also served on the Professional Advisory Board for Sears Holdings/Kmart Pharmacy for 2 years. Her teaching assignments include Geriatric Pharmacotherapy, Pain Management/Rheumatology Therapeutics, and Drug Disease Management (DDM): Geriatric & Pediatric Therapeutics, Patient Assessment and Pharmacy Practice Lab. Dr. Andrews has served as a preceptor for the School of Pharmacy since 2006 and continues to precept 4th year professional students for the Geriatrics Advance Pharmacy Practice Experience.
Dr. Andrews serves her community through volunteer work with the Medical Reserve Corp., local senior independent living communities, and church. She is dedicated to mentorship of young adults seeking to better themselves.
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Old Dominion University, 1997
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Hampton University, 2004
- Immunization Certified-American Pharmacist Association
- Immunization Certified Trainer-American Pharmacist Association
Honors & Awards
- 2013 Professor of the Year, Department of Pharmacy Practice
- 2013 Academic Execellence Teaching Award
- 2013 Wal-Mart Scholar Program Recipient Faculty Mentor Award
- 2006 Pharmacist of the Year Runner-up Northeast Division-Kmart Pharmacy
- Rho Chi National Pharmacy Honor Society
- American Society of Consultant Pharmacist (ASCP)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)