Mrs. Richards-Spruill is a native of Suffolk, Virginia. She received the B.S. in Pharmacy-Howard University College of Pharmacy and Pharmacal Sciences, Magna Cum Laude in December 1974. She culminated 7 years in the Washington D.C. area as Director of Pharmacy Operations at D.C. General Hospital. Shortly thereafter, she returned to Suffolk, Virginia to work side-by-side with her lifetime career mentor and father, James E. Richards, Sr. at Suffolk Professional Pharmacy.
After the successful transition of Suffolk Professional Pharmacy's business to Rite Aide, Mrs. Richards-Spruill started a series of pharmacy-supervisory positions; first with Rite-Aid, followed by similar responsibilties at Humana Group Health (Directorship), Group Health Association, Kaiser and ultimately Target, where among her duties as Executive Team Leader-Pharmacy Manager Target Store 1420, she also served as Target College Liaison for Hampton University.
- Howard University
- MCV - College of Pharmacy
- Hampton University
- Guest Lecturer University of Maryland - College of Pharmacy
- CE Facilitator - Pfizer Corporation PPCP Program
- District facilitator for Target's Counseling Program TGCP
- Company trainer for other district TGCP trainers
Past and Present Professional Organizations
- American Pharmaceutical Association
- Virginia Pharmaceutical Association
- American Association of Managed Care Pharmacist
- Howard University Alumni Association
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Rho Chi Pharmaceutical Honor Society
- Preceptor of the Year-Howard University
- Pharmacist of the Year-Region 400 Target
- Target Top District Volunteer
- Target District Assessment Team