Feng Li, M.S., Ph.D.
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Dr. Feng Li joined the faculty in the School of Pharmacy in 2011. Dr. Li teaches Pharmaceutics/Biopharmaceutics,
His research interests include: (1) Design and synthesis of novel biomaterials for drug delivery; (2) Delivery of small interference (siRNA), oligonucleotides (ODNs), and genes for treating various diseases; (3) Formulation development and evaluation; (4) Development of nanotechnology-based drug delivery systems; (5) Innovative strategies to overcome multiple drug resistance in cancer chemotherapy.
- Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy, Zhejiang University, China, 2002
- Master of Science, Biological Science, National University of Singapore, 2006
- Doctor of Philosophy, Pharmaceutics, the University of Tennessee, 2011
- Li F, Danquah M and Mahato RI (2011) Micelle-Based Combination Therapy for Treating MDR Prostate Cancer (in preparation)
- Li F, Mahato RI (2011) RNA Interference for Improving the Outcome of Islet Transplantation. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 63(1-2):47-68
- Lu W, Li F and Mahato RI (2011) Poly (ethylene glycol)-block-poly (2-methyl-2-benzoxycarbonyl-propylene carbonate) Micelles for Rapamycin Delivery: in vitro Characterization and Biodistribution. J Pharm Sci. 100 (6):2418-29
- Wu H, Panakanti R, Li F, Mahato RI (2010) XIAP Gene Expression Protects Beta-Cells and Human Islets from Apoptotic Cell Death. Mol. Pharmaceutics 7 (5):1655–1666
- Li F, Danquah M and Mahato RI (2010) Synthesis and Characterization of Amphiphilic Lipopolymers for Micellar Drug Delivery. Biomacromolecules 11 (10): 2610–2620
- Li F, Lu Y, Li W, Miller DD, Mahato RI (2010) Synthesis, Formulation and in vitro Evaluation of a Novel Microtubule Destabilizer, SMART-100. J. Control Release. 143 (1): 151–158
- Danquah M, Li F, Duke III C, Miller DD and Mahato RI (2009) Micellar Delivery of Bicalutamide and Embelin for Treating Prostate Cancer. Pharm Res. 26 (9): 2081-92.
- Li F and Mahato RI (2009) Bipartite Vectors for co-expression of a Growth Factor cDNA and shRNA against an Apoptotic Gene. J Gene Med. 11 (9): 764-771.
- Yang N, Ye Z, Li F and Mahato RI (2009) HPMA Polymer-Based Site-Specific Delivery of Oligonucleotides to Hepatic Stellate Cells. Bioconjugate Chem. 20 (2):213-221
- Li F, Mahato RI (2008) iNOS Gene Silencing Prevents Inflammatory Cytokine-Induced Beta-Cell Apoptosis. Mol. Pharmaceutics 5 (3):407–417
- Wang Y, Gao JQ, Li F, R SH, Liang WQ (2006) Tri-block Copolymer Pluronic®F127 Sustains Insulin Release and Reduces Initial Burst of Microspheres---in vitro and in vivo Study Colloid and Polymer Science. 285 (2): 233-238
- Wang CY, Li F, Yang Y, Guo HY, Wu CX, Wang S. (2006) Recombinant Baculovirus containing the Diphtheria Toxin A Gene for Malignant Glioma Therapy. Cancer Res. 66 (11):5798-806.
- Liu BH, Yang Y, Paton JF, Li F, Boulaire J, Kasparov S, Wang S. (2006) GAL4-NF-kappaB Fusion Protein Augments Transgene Expression from Neuronal Promoters in the Rat Brain. Mol Ther. 14 (6):872-82
- Ong ST, Li F, Du J, Tan YW, Wang S. (2005) Hybrid Cytomegalovirus Enhancer-H1 Promoter-Based Plasmid and Baculovirus Vectors Mediate Effective RNA Interference. Hum Gene Ther. 16 (12):1404-12.
- Zheng CH, Liang WQ, Li F, Zhang YP, Fang WJ. (2005) Optimization and Characterization of Chitosan-Coated Alginate Microcapsules containing Albumin. Pharmazie. 60 (6):434-8
- Rao YF, Li F, Liang WQ. (2004) Study on Transdermal Permeation and Skin Accumulation of Finasteride Ethosomes Chin Pharm J. 39 (12) 923-5
- Li F, Danquah M and Mahato RI (2011) Micelles-Based Combination Therapy for Treating Refractory Prostate Cancer 15th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Drug Delivery Systems (Salt Lake City, UT, 2011)
- Li F, Danquah M and Mahato RI (2010) Amphiphilic Lipopolymer Micelles for Drug Delivery. FIP PSWC /AAPS Annual Meeting (New Orleans, LA, 2010)
- Lu W, Li F and Mahato RI (2010) Poly(ethylene glycol)-block-poly(2-methyl-2-benzoxycarbonyl-propylene carbonate) copolymer for Micellar Delivery of Rapamycin. FIP PSWC /AAPS Annual Meeting (New Orleans, LA, 2010)
- Li F, Lu Y, Miller DD and Mahato RI (2009) Galactose-Conjugated Polymeric Micelles for Targeted Drug Delivery. AAPS Annual Meeting (Los Angeles, CA, 2009)
- Mahato RI, Panakanti R, Li F and Cheng G (2009) Gene Delivery and Silencing for Improved Islet Transplantation. 14th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Drug Delivery Systems (Salt Lake City, UT, 2009)
- Li F, Cheng G and Mahato RI (2008) MicroRNA-Based shRNA for iNOS Gene Silencing. AAPS Annual Meeting (Atlanta, GA, 2008)
- Li F, Panakanti R and Mahato RI (2007) Gene Expression and Silencing for Successful Islet Transplantation. 10th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Gene Therapy (Seattle, WA, 2007)
Awards, Honors and Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarship for Outstanding Self-financed Students Studying Abroad (2010)
- “Outstanding Reviewers of 2010” from Pharmaceutical Research
- The University of Tennessee student travel award (2010)
- AAPS Biotech student travel award (2008)
- NUS Research Scholarship (2004-2006)
- Outstanding Graduate of Zhejiang Province (2002)
- Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews
- Pharmaceutical Research
- Journal of Drug Targeting
- Chinese Medicine
- AAPS National Biotechnology Conference Abstract Reviewer
- AAPS Annual Meeting Abstract Reviewer