Ebony D. Andrews, PharmD, RPh
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Andrews joined our faculty in November of 2009. She is an Alumni of Hampton University School of Pharmacy, Class of 2004. Since graduation, Dr. Andrews has worked in several pharmacy settings to include hospital, retail, long term care and consulting. She also served on the Professional Advisory Board for Sears Holdings/Kmart Pharmacy for 2 years. Her teaching assignments will include Geriatric Pharmacotherapy, Pain Management/Rheumatology Therapeutics, and Drug Disease Management (DDM): Geriatric Therapeutics. Dr. Andrews has served as a preceptor for the School of Pharmacy since 2006 and will continue to precept 4th year professional students in Geriatrics.
Dr. Andrews serves her community through volunteer work at the Food Bank in Newport News, VA, and the H.E.L.P. Clinic in Hampton, VA. She is dedicated to mentorship of young adults seeking to better themselves. She plans to establish a program designed to provide a support system for young single mothers to obtain their education, raise strong healthy children, and establish stable careers in our society.
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Old Dominion University, 1997
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Hampton University, 2004
- Immunization Certified-American Pharmacist Association
Honors & Awards
- 2006 Pharmacist of the Year Runner-up Northeast Division-Kmart Pharmacy
- Rho Chi National Pharmacy Honor Society
- American Society of Consultant Pharmacist